UNO Restaurants, LLC Lemonade Stand Giveaway Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes are set forth in the Prizes section below. Five (5) 1st Prizes shall be awarded and ten (10) 2nd Prizes shall be awarded. A person who wins either a First Prize or a Second Prize shall generally be referred to herein as a “Prize Winner”. The odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received. Further details follow.
3. Sweepstakes Period/Description: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 8, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on September 21, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. How To Enter: There are two (2) methods of entry into the Sweepstakes, as detailed below (i.e., either Method A or Method B). Neither method of entry requires a purchase to participate. Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of the method of entry. The time clock maintained by the Administrator is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
Method A: POST a picture or video of yourself at the lemonade stand in any participating UNO’s restaurant on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Threads, or TikTok with the hashtag #unolemonadestand. Pictures must be in good taste and suitable for public viewing. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any photo entry in its sole discretion. Limit one entry (total) per person.
Method B: BY MAIL: In order to enter by mail, and without signing up to receive email messages from Sponsor, hand print, on a 3" x 5" card, your name, address, zip code, day and evening telephone numbers, email and age and provide your signature (your signature certifies that you are 21 years of age or older and have read and complied with the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes) and send the completed card to: Uno Restaurants, LLC, 44 Industrial Way, Norwood, MA 02062, Attn: UNO Restaurants, LLC Lemonade Stand Giveaway Sweepstakes Entry. Entries submitted via mail must be postmarked by September 15, 2023 and received by the close of business on September 20, 2023. No copies, facsimiles or mechanical reproductions of requests will be accepted. Limit one entry (total) per person.
5. Prize Details and Drawing: Within ten (10) days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor shall perform a random prize drawing (the “Prize Drawing”) from among all eligible entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period, in order to select five (5) 1st Prize winners and ten (10) 2nd Prize winners. Here are the prizes available:
Five (5) 1st Prizes are available. “Free Pizza for a Year” will be awarded to 5 randomly chosen individuals. (“Free Pizza for a Year” means one individual size pizza for a week for 52 weeks following the winner being chosen.) Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each 1st Prize: Approx. $600 - $780. * Prize pizzas must be claimed each week on a weekly basis as the free pizza prize expires each week and they do not accumulate. Good for only dine in or take out, not applicable for delivery, either third party delivery or in house delivery service. 1St Prizes cannot be assigned or transferred. Free pizzas cannot be combined with other offers and discounts. 1st Prizes shall have no cash value. Odds of winning a 1st Prize: Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. No more than the stated number of 1st Prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded.
To claim the 1st Prize, the Prize Winner must provide Sponsor with certain information within five (5) business days of receiving notice, including full legal name, US Postal Mailing address, date of birth, valid email address, and working phone number. Sponsor will use such information to set up an UNO Extras account for the Prize Winner. Prize Winners must join UNO’s Extras to redeem free pizzas. Membership to UNO Extras is free and is required solely to enable Sponsor to administer the prizes. Prize Winner may opt out of all marketing offers on UNO Extras. The UNO Extras account serves as an electronic “wallet” or account for the Prize Winner to use to redeem his or her free pizza Prize each week. The account will track the free pizzas available, those used, those unclaimed, and those forfeited.
To redeem the 1st Prize free pizzas, the Prize Winner may visit the UNO Pizzeria & Grill of his or her choice and receive one (1) Individual Size Pizza per week for fifty-two (52) consecutive weeks. If a Prize Winner chooses not to redeem on any of the fifty-two (52) weeks, the pizza for that week will be forfeited. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive. In addition, to redeem 1st Prize free pizzas, Prize Winner may either:
a) Download the UNO’s App on their phone and self-check-in through the app. The Free Pizza will appear in the Prize Winner’s account each week.
b) If Prize Winner chooses not to download the app, Prize Winner will need to “check-in” to the UNO Extras account with an UNO bartender or server at a participating UNO restaurant location. To “check-in” by this method, the Prize Winner will need to provide his or her phone number to the bartender or server. The bartender or server will then connect them to the account and apply the available free pizza to the Prize Winner’s order.
Ten (10) 2nd Prizes are available. Each 2nd Prize consists of: one (1) $50 UNO Gift Card. The UNO Gift Cards shall be awarded to 10 randomly selected individuals. (ARV of each 2nd Prize: $50 2nd Prizes shall have no cash value. Odds of winning a 2nd Prize: Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
2nd Prizes will be awarded in the form of either an email with a code to redeem gift cards. Uno® Gift Cards are subject to the terms and conditions associated with their use. 2nd Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, or transferred; except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen 2nd Prizes once in Prize Winner’s possession. 2nd Prizes are taxable as income and the Prize Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, including taxes imposed on the Prize Winner’s income. Cannot be used for the purchase of alcohol. No more than the stated number of 2nd Prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded.
To redeem the 2nd Prizes, the Prize Winner may receive his or her UNO Gift Card prize by requesting Sponsor to mail the UNO Gift Card by United States Postal Service to the Prize Winner’s mailing address, or the prize Winner may visit a participating UNO Pizzeria & Grill of his or her choice to claim the UNO Gift Card in the store. The UNO Gift Card prize may be used either for dine in or for take away. Shall not be available for use for any delivery order, either by third party delivery or by delivery provided directly by any UNO restaurant. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive. Additional restrictions on the use of gift cards may apply, including but not limited to: 1) the gift cards have no cash value, 2) gift cards cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts, 3) gift cards must be redeemed in its entirety at time of purchase (i.e. no change will be made in exchange of redemption), 4) gift cards cannot be used to pay for alcohol, taxes, or gratuities or tips.
6. Prize Winner Notification/Verification: The potential Prize Winner is not an official winner unless and until Sponsor confirms such. The potential Prize Winner will be notified through the Social Media where they entered. Those who entered by specified alternative means shall be notified by email message sent to the email address associated with the winning entry in accordance with the contact information provided at the time of entry, no later than September 15, 2023. Sponsor will make two (2) attempts to contact the potential Prize Winner via such method. The potential Prize Winner will have five business days from the time of the first notification attempt to respond to Sponsor or else Sponsor will move on and select/notify an alternate potential winner for that Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued internet service or changed email address, telephone number, or mailing address which may result in a potential a Prize Winner not receiving initial prize notification. Once contact is made, a potential Prize Winner may be asked to confirm certain information for verification purposes and may be required to provide certain information for fulfillment purposes (i.e. physical or email address). A potential Prize winner will have an additional twenty-four (24) hours to do such, or else he or she may be disqualified and an alternate potential Prize winner will be selected.
A potential Prize Winner also may be required to execute a Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release, including (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Winner’s Declaration”). If a potential Prize Winner fails or refuses to sign and return the Prize Winner’s Declaration within five (5) business days of receipt (or such shorter time if exigencies so require), such winner may be disqualified. If a potential Prize Winner’s completion of the Prize Winner’s Declaration establishes that the potential winner is not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes, the Prize Winner will be disqualified.
If a potential Prize Winner fails to respond in any of the time periods specified above, if any notification or notification attempt is returned as undeliverable or as an error, or a potential Prize Winner declines his or her Prize, then the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential Prize Winner may be selected, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering the Sweepstakes or being selected as a potential Prize Winner, all participants and potential/confirmed winners hereby consent to the use by the Released Parties of a Prize Winner’s entry and all information contained therein including but not limited to, name, likeness, opinions, images, statements and/or other indicia of persona, and personally identifiable information (collectively “Likeness”), for any and all uses and purposes (including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising and trade) in any media now known or hereinafter developed in any manner throughout the world (including, without limitation, the World Wide Web and on-air) in perpetuity without additional consideration (where legal), consent or prior review, and upon request will provide written consent to such use. All decisions of Sponsor and Administrator relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
7. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY PARTICIPANTS OR PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AND ALL PRIVILEGES WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. Released Parties assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or wireless network or lines, computer online systems, servers or other services, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes or for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, fulfillment of prizes, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof). Should the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted as Sponsor sees fit, and any unawarded prizes will be awarded via random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in Sponsor’s sole discretion to disqualify any individual (and void all associated entries) they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry or any other means to subvert the entry process; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you acknowledge that the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered, by, or associated with the social media channel in which it was promoted (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) (the “Social Media Channels”). CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Choice of Law: THE MASSACHUSETTS COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH PARTICIPANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
9. Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes you agree that the Released Parties, as well as the Social Media Channels in which the Sweepstakes was promoted, (a) shall not be responsible or liable for, and hereby release the Released Parties and Social Media Channels from, any claims, losses, damages or injuries of any kind (including death) resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use/misuse or inability to use a prize, and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to a prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Released Parties and Social Media Channels shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors; (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Released Parties; or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. Failure of Sponsor to enforce any provision herein shall not be deemed a waiver of such. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANT OR PRIZE WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
10. Disputes: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (1) any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any Prize and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation (each, a “Claim”) entrant may have against the Sponsor or Administrator will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator in accordance with the rules of JAMS; (2) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (3) the arbitration shall be held in Massachusetts; (4) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable entrant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes; (5) the arbitrator shall apply Massachusetts law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (6) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, arbitration can decide only entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (7) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the entrant or Sponsor; (8) EACH PARTY HERETO HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY RIGHT IT MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LEGAL PROCEEDING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES; (9) in the event that the administrative fees and deposits that must be paid to initiate arbitration against Sponsor or Administrator exceed $125, and entrant is unable (or not required under the rules of JAMS) to pay any fees and deposits that exceed this amount, Sponsor agrees to pay them and/or forward them on entrant’s behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator. In addition, if the entrant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of entrant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (10) with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the rules of JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither entrant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on JAMS and/or the rules of JAMS, visit their website at www.jamsadr.com.
11. Request for the Names of Winners: For the name and city or town of residence of all Prize Winners, as well as the date of receipt and value of the Prize awarded, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to be received by October 31, 2023, to: Uno Restaurants, LLC Lemonade Stand Giveaway Sweepstakes, 44 Industrial Way, Norwood, MA 02062.
12. Participant’s Personal Information: By entering this Sweepstakes, Sponsor will be collecting non-personally identifiable data about Participants. Sponsor may also collect a Participant’s name, mailing address, and telephone number. Sponsor uses this information to administer participation in the Sweepstakes. At the time you are entering the Sweepstakes, Sponsor may ask for your email address and/or telephone number and for your permission to send you future marketing information from Sponsor. If you wish to later opt-out of these emails/text messages, you can do so by checking the unsubscribe button on the email. All other information collected from Participants’ (including but not limited to the Participant’s gender and any other demographic information) is collected for analysis purposes only.
Sponsor is dedicated to protecting your privacy. You can contact Sponsor of otherwise communicate your privacy concerns by:
· Writing at the address below (please include your e-mail address and telephone number (including area code) with your correspondence along with the information needed to support your request).
13. Sponsor: This game is sponsored by Uno Restaurants, LLC. 44 Industrial Way, Norwood, MA 02062.
Support for Maui Dough Rai$er
1. From September 11th – 17th, when you dine in at a participating Uno Pizzeria & Grill and order Kona Big Wave, 20% of your entire guest check* will be donated to the Maui Strong Fund. Must be 21 or older. Purchase of Kona Big Wave required. Donation amount is based on guest check total, excluding tax and gratuity. Maximum donation amount per guest check is $50.00. Valid only at participating UNO Pizzeria & Grill locations. The Maui Strong Fund is providing financial resources that can be deployed quickly, with a focus on rapid response and recovery for the devastating wildfires on Maui.