Uno Chicago Grill® Offers Chocolately Deep Dish Treat for National Chocolate Week
BOSTON, MA (March 10, 2009) - Boston-based Uno Chicago Grill® is celebrating American Chocolate Week, which runs from March 15-March 21, with a delectable dish of goodness: The Deep Dish Cookie Sundae. Uno®, famous for its Chicago-style deep-dish pizza, is serving up this cookie sundae covered in chocolate sauce as the perfect meal-ender.
The sundae is also easy to make at home. With the recipe below, any customer can re-create the Uno Chicago Grill dessert experience right in his or her own home.
8oz. Cookie Dough
1 Scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
1/2 Cup Whipped Cream
1oz. Chocolate Sauce
7" Deep Dish or Cake Pan
Cooking Spray (such as Pam)
- Spray the pan, bottom and sides, with cooking spray.
- Place your favorite cookie dough into the pan. Press the dough evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Bake cookie according to dough directions.
- Place hot cookie pizza onto a temperature-resistant plate lined with a moistened napkin.
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the center of the cookie pizza.
- Place whipped cream next to the ice cream in a decorative fashion.
- Stripe chocolate sauce over the entire cookie pizza.
- Serve immediately.
About Uno Chicago Grill:
Based in Boston, Uno Restaurant Holdings Corporation includes more than 200 company-owned and franchised full-service Uno Chicago Grill units located in 29 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, South Korea, the United Arab Emirates, Honduras, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. The company also operates a fast casual concept called Uno Dué Go®, a quick serve concept called Uno Express®, and a consumer foods division which supplies airlines, movie theaters, hotels, airports, travel plazas, schools and supermarkets with both frozen and refrigerated private-label foods and branded Uno products. For more information, visit www.unos.com.
Back to Press Releases